You’ve probably heard it a hundred times that practice makes a man perfect. It is all the more true for soccer practice sessions. The kids enter the ground everyday with a hope to try something exciting and new. Still, it’s necessary for the kids in soccer training to continue practicing the old techniques taught by you on a daily basis.
So here the difficult part for you is to ensure that kids don’t get bored practicing the same drills day in and day out. Given below are certain tricks that’ll allow you to execute practice sessions in a disciplined, expected, and an attractive way.
1. Does this need more emphasis? Kids will learn from you and hence you should be a role model. Be present on the filed before the kids; demonstrate your skill with the ball, let all the kids participate, and arrange sessions ahead of time. You’ll get to earn your players respect, their confidence and trust in you.
2. Instruct the kids to bring their own ball to the field everyday. It’s compulsory for each kid to have a soccer ball. You should be having some extra balls in case some kids forget theirs.
3. There are certain soccer moves that need to be practiced on a daily basis. Kicking, passing, dribbling, and throw-ins account for some basic elements in soccer practice. The kids must practice these regularly. Initially, few of the kids might not want to take part in these but you must ensure that everyone pitches in.
4. Initiate games more than soccer drills in your practice sessions. The reason is that games require much more stamina and dexterity in contrast to drills. And it is easy to keep the focus on soccer as also to test new things with games.
5. Control is crucial for success for any team. With young players, it is no big deal to have mistakes. It is necessary that you deal with all issues of indiscipline as soon as they arise. But mind the method since you are dealing with young kids here and not adults.
6. When the practice session is on, you will notice that some players just stand there while others chase the ball. Make certain that this does not take place. All the players should join the action in some way or the other. Talk to the players about their respective positions and teach them to be responsible in those positions.
7. Never permit too much scrimmage. If the players spend 15 to 20 minutes towards the end, it will do. Also, do not appoint a goalie when scrimmaging. This will ensure that kids become good at defense.
8. Keep looking for new methodologies and games. That is the best way to keep the interest of the kids alive in the training sessions.
Now, go ahead and make these tips work for you in the soccer practice sessions. These will raise the ability and skills of your players within a short span of few weeks. Our youth soccer coaching community has a wealth of resources. Register today and see your team’s performances get better with every training session.